Monday, February 9, 2009

We Will Rock You

"I thought up the name Queen. It's just a name, but it's very regal obviously, and it sounds splendid, It's a strong name, very universal and immediate. It had a lot of visual potential and was open to all sorts of interpretations. I was certainly aware of gay connotations, but that was just one facet of it." -Freddie Mercury

I'm driving on the road, I am the only one in the car, there's nothing but the road in front of me and the time it takes to get to my destination. My ipod is the only source of sound, so I make sure it's consuming and loud. Whenever I'm driving, almost always a song from Queen bursts through the speakers. Personally, I love belting the words along side Freddie pretending I am part of the English rock band.

Bohemian Rhpasody. Is there really anything else I have to say? If you don't know what these two words mean I feel utter sympathy for you. Just in case, here's a link and a warning...prepare to have your mind blown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

Other favorites of mine that are great to get pumped up, have stuck in your head for days or just to dance around to: We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Under Pressure, Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls, Don't Stop Me Now and Bicycle Race. They are all wonderful in their own way, each making your body move to the beats blasting through the speakers. The vocals, the rhythm, the intensity all work together to create something all its own.

Freddie Mercury real name (Farookh Bulsara): vocals, piano, guitar and keyboards
Brian May: guitar, synths and vocals
Roger Taylor: drums, percussion, synths and vocals
John Deacon: bass guitar, double bass and keyboards

If you know of them, but have never listened to them..I highly suggest you change that. If you don't like them...well, whatever. And if you love them like I do... hell yeaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment