That's right! BobDylan turned down performing at Woodstock because of all the damn hippies hanging around his apartment. I'm not going to lie, this makes me giggle..
Woodstock of 1969 took place in Bethel, New York for a 3 day festival of music and peace. From Friday, August 15 to early morning of Monday, August 18th a concert filled with sex, drugs and rock n' roll took place. When I was younger and first discovered classic rock I considered being born in the wrong decade. When I heard about Woodstock '69, I was confident there had been a mistake.
Named the "Aquarian Exposition" over 500,000 people gathered to what has become the most famous music festival ever. Woodstock was about peace, happiness and freedom to do, act and feel how ever they wanted. There were naked people, people tripping on acid, smoking pot and having sex freely and openly.
My favorites that were at this concert are: Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills Nash & Young and Jimi Hendrix. Jimi ended the epic concert with the infamous electric The Star Spangled Banner...
No comments:
Post a Comment